Thursday, September 18, 2014

Summer in the country

We spent the month of July with my parents in Oklahoma. Forget Hawaii, my boys think that Oklahoma is paradise! There are wide open spaces to explore, grandparents, aunts & uncles that spoil nonstop, cousins everywhere, swimming pool, snakes, frogs, squirrels, dogs, sandbox, Gator rides, Cocoa puffs for breakfast, freezer full of ice cream... can you understand why they think this?

Here are some highlights:
the annual "ice cream pic"
Tomatoes from Brumbra's garden! Mark loves helping in the garden.
Summertime watermelon!
Oklahoma bugs!
I absolutely love this picture. Having a crazy fun time with our friend, Noah.
This summer was unseasonably cool in Oklahoma, but this did not keep my boys from enjoying the pool every day!
More than one trip to Kiddie Park!
Beautiful downtown B'ville
My 93 year old grandmother decided that she wanted to take the kids on a picnic one day, so she came and picked them up in the Gator and off they went. I wasn't invited, so I have no pictures. From what I gathered, there was sweet tea, marshmallows, carrots, cheese & crackers, and a special rendition of "Peter Rabbit" told by Grandmother. When I looked closely in this picture, I realized that she is wearing my favorite Kate Spade sunglasses that I've been looking everywhere for! I texted my mom about it, and she says, "Oh yes, I told her they were yours and she said she didn't care, she liked them." Oh well...
Helping Brumbra in the kitchen...
Beautiful mornings...
Mark and his Pepper dog! I love how Pepper is smiling in this picture.
Adrian celebrated his 4th birthday while we were there - at Chuck E Cheese of course!
 One of our favorite things to do when we are in OK is to visit the Safari Zoological Park in Caney. It's better than any zoo you'll ever visit, trust me! Talk about close encounters!
Hanging out with the Bermese python.
Since we sold both of our cars in Hawaii, I bought a new van while we were there. I call it my "mainland mommymobile!" And I love it. LOVE. IT.
 Once I had wheels, Lisa and I took the kids on a road trip to Texas to visit Meg and her boys. 

Keaton and Mark think that William, Hudson, and Crew are their TX cousins. I refuse to correct them. :-)
Mark and Crew are about 13 months apart. This was the first year that they were able to really play together. They were buddies!
And wore each other out...
Good ole Abby-Doo
My mom's crazy-early pumpkin harvest from her garden. Jack-o-lanterns in July, anyone?
Grandmother's roses
More ice cream and cousins. Mark and Adrian are only a month apart. They were inseparable!
Brumbra in her element!
The cooler weather made my mom's garden exceptionally beautiful this year!
This was our last night in Oklahoma. That little boy/man who is towering over me to my left was my ring bearer 11 years ago. He's driving now. I'm old. Sniff. sniff.
 So many amazing memories made! 

No comments: