Thursday, April 30, 2015

Keaton is 7!

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was a week overdue. My mom and I had just finished a huge sewing project. She had arrived in Nashville on my due date to help with the new baby when he/she arrived.  We had eaten lunch at the Puffy Muffin. I had this amazing grilled cheese sandwich with french fries and a lemonade. I was resting on our green oversized chair (the most comfortable piece of furniture that we ever owned, btw). I was dozing off and Sean Hannity was on the radio in the kitchen. I was scheduled to be induced on the morning of May 1st, but on the afternoon of April 29th, I got up from that comfy green chair to pee. Turns out it was more than that! We called Scott and he came home from work and we headed off to Baptist Hospital. At 3:00am, our baby BOY arrived! 

Keaton Ray Anderson. 
7 years ago today!!

He let me do a little photo shoot with him on Sunday. Most of the pics turned out pretty good, but he had this expression on his face in most of them like, "really, mom?" 
 This boy LIVES for his birthday, as I guess most kids do. This morning on our way to the bus stop, he says, "Just think, Mom. For some people, this is just an ordinary day!"

He also told me that having a birthday on April 30th "is pretty rare for Virginia."

I guess it's more common in other states???

Here's Keaton in a nutshell right now: 
 loves to tell jokes
loves his baby sister (and his brother even though they bicker A LOT)
favorite color: red
favorite things to do: play Lego, read, ride his bike and his scooter
favorite thing to watch (and read about): Ninjago
favorite song: "Bad Blood" by Taylor Swift
favorite food: hamburgers
best friend: Lucas
favorite board game: Apples to Apple Jr.
favorite video game: Angry Birds Epic 
favorite subject in school: computers

He loves to learn, and enjoys school for the most part. But, he's a homebody at heart, and is usually scheming a reason NOT to attend every morning.  He's an excellent student, and his teacher has only great things to say about him.  He recently received the "Eagles Pride" award for his 1st grade class, which is the highest academic award you can get for the quarter.


  He keeps us laughing, usually when he's not trying to. He loves to try out new words that he's learned and see if they work in sentences. 

The funniest thing he's said recently was when he was telling me about how a girl in his class told him that she loved him. He thought about it, "I'm not really sure why? I guess because I'm such a good citizen, y'know?" 
Yes, I'm sure that's it! It's always the upstanding citizens that get the girl! 


Tonight we are going to Chuck E Cheese with the Heath family, just like old times in Hawaii. This weekend, Grammy and Papa, and Aunt Jenny and family will be here to continue the celebration. It will be filled with all the things that make Keaton happiest: family and "at-home time."

Happy Birthday Keaton!  We love you so much!

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Love these pics! The last one is so good. What a handsome boy!